It has never been more acute, permanent and multi-factorial throughout the history of mankind.
Nowadays, stimulations are too many and too intense. Our body and psyche are overwhelmed by:
- Rhythm of life and increasing work hours.
- Inter-individual competition.
- Denatured environment (concrete, noise, artificial lighting, pollution, traffic…).
- Excess of mental and cognitive stimulation (media, smart phone, social networks, Internet).
- Excessive sports practices and competitions…
As a result, most people are stressed, anxious and chronically tired. They are unable to adapt themselves anymore to the environment.
Stress can have many forms:
All these stresses raise the levels of certain hormones and many inflammatory substances. An overload amplifies our emotions, alters the physiology of our organs, disrupts our biological integrity and upsets our physiological equilibrium and make us sick.
Once you are aware of these different sources of stress, it’ a lot easier to prevent them or to release them daily to avoid being overloaded.
- Reduce the mood influencing stress factors: media, television, computer games. Negative, violent, miserable images, actions, language and sounds are a form of negative conditioning. They produce stress, anxiety, and actually affect our physical health. The opposite though, has very positive effects.
- Reduce toxin intake, obviously tobacco, alcohol especially. They might seem to provide temporary relief but they are working against the balance of the body and contributing to importantly stress your system.
- Listen to yourself, to take greater care of you and to make choices that will lead to a satisfying and healthy life.
- Let go of the secondary stress. The stress we create by reacting to stress…